Every business firms struggle with deciding whether to go with traditional marketing or to go with digital marketing. But the decision is important to be taken to keep the main motive in mind to earn maximum profit.
Let’s make a decision
Traditional Marketing: The best example to explain traditional marketing is newspapers and magazine ads, flyers, Tv or Radio ads etc.
Digital Marketing: Building a website, advertising on social media such as facebook, twitter, Instagram or YouTube.
Benefits of Traditional Marketing
- You can reach your target local audience: For example, a newspaper ad might be distributed in a particular area, city or region.
- The materials can be kept: The targeted audience can carry your advertisement’s hard copy and can read it anywhere they want over and over again.
- It’s easy to understand: The print media is easily understood by any age group as it has been used overages.
The Downside to Traditional Marketing
- With the use of print media, there is very little interaction between the company and the customers. It’s more like just telling them about the brand name
- It is more costly when it comes to print or radio advertisement. As printing material will be costly additional to that you have to hire a person to distribute those.
- The Results on traditional marketing strategy cannot easily be measured as you cannot judge that how many people read or listened to your advertisement.
Benefits of Digital Marketing
- Easily target the right audience: In Digital Marketing you can target the local audience but also the international audience. Even you can tailor the campaign to specific audience demographics, such as gender, age, interest, and location
- An audience has a choice that how they want to receive your content. Digital marketing has many ways to represent the content like Blog Post, you tube video etc but in traditional marketing, the audience doesn’t have a choice other than flyers or incoming call etc.
- Digital marketing is cost-efficient. Though there is the option of investing in paid ads online; however, the cost is of those ads are still cheaper as compared to traditional marketing.
- Data and results are easily recorded. With the use of Google Analytics and the various insights tools offered by most the social media channels, we can analyze our campaigns at any time.
How to use Both Digital & Traditional Marketing
Our traditional marketing methods can support our digital marketing efforts. We can invest in both at the same time like spreading the flyers or pamphlets along with mentioning the social media accounts and website details.
Digital Marketing is now evolving rapidly every day. Digital Marketing has settled well in almost all major industries, has become a major source of marketing product and services online. Digital Marketing has overcome the power of traditional marketing techniques and now its been used in almost every industry like Food, travel, healthcare, IT.
How Digital Marketing is Affecting Healthcare Industry:
- Search Engine Marketing: Those businesses who use search engine marketing along with social media marketing get more business then there competitors. Digital Marketing helps businesses to rank on the first page of Google and other search engines which leads in getting better visitors. Better google ranking means better visibility to potential customers.
- Social Media Marketing: Social media marketing is yet another main strength of digital marketing which has gained exposure. Social media marketing helps in keeping regular updates of your business to reach customers and give them new offers and services.
- Email Marketing: By Email Marketing, we mean dropping an email to the people by providing them with some offer or making awareness about some disease or by providing hospital details.
How Digital Marketing used in the Healthcare Industry:
In the future of the healthcare industry, there are many recent additions with a mix of products and services to help doctor, physician or pharma company.
Local SEO –– local SEO has replaced our Yellow Pages. This search-based methodology of finding local businesses is especially important for doctors and physicians to locate the clinic/hospital. People can easily find the location/contact details and address of clinic and hospital easily through search engines.
Online Payment Acceptance: Through online payment, doctors can accept payment from anywhere in the world. They just to provide the account no. and within a few minutes, they can get the fees from the patients.
Online Selling of medicine: It has been so easy to sell medicines online just by seeing the prescription of the patients. Doctors can courier the medicine and take advance payment as well for the same
360-Degree Photos and Video Tours –– Just Imagine being able to experience a 360-degree tour of your office along with photos and videos to any of the patient/Guardian. Hospitals/clinics owners can generate a 360-degree view of their clinic/hospitals by using apps like Street View or Google Camera and then can share with patients.
Live Stream Videos –– Doctors and now communicate with their patients while sitting away from them by using live video stream and in fact can share their live videos on social media platforms.