Lately, the buzz in the SEO world has been about the latest Google algorithm update that was rolled out in Aug 2018. While many websites lost their rankings in SERPs, many did climb up the ladder owing to this Google algorithm update.
Google, one of the largest aggregators of information, has always aimed to provide good quality and relevant content to the users. But the bad SEO practices like keyword stuffing, black-hat SEO, and hidden keywords lead to bad quality content popping up in top results on SERPs. And that’s when google came up with its first major algorithm update of Google Panda in 2011 and since then Google has been on the hunt to pull down the irrelevant and bad quality content spread over the web space. Google Panda was released to do this job. There have been many major minor updates in the google panda since the first release but it was in 2016 that Google Panda was incorporated into the Google search algorithm itself.
Let’s have look at the new SEO updates google search algorithm and how will it impact the websites in 2019.
The basic working of google panda is to assign a quality score to web pages which helps in ranking the pages on SERPs. And this quality score depends on many factors like content quality, backlinks to the page and content related to the keywords used for SEO and many more factors. The recent major core algorithmic update was mainly focused to bring down the sites with low quality score. And all this is backed up the Google’s new machine learning system of RankBrain that brings in artificial intelligence while checking the content and ranking pages.
Major points that will be checked by new google update are grammatical and spelling mistakes, keyword stuffing in meta tags or hidden text, thin content i.e copied or not related content to the keywords used, deceptive ads, excessive ads on a page, machine generated content, websites that act as content farms, wrong or broken links and non-optimised pages. And all these factors contribute to the low-quality score for the web page.
So here’s the piece of advice to improve the rankings amid the new Google algorithm update:
- Keep a close check on the quality of the content. Avoid copied or irrelevant content. Be more authentic with the information presented on the web page. And avoid stuffing keywords because if the content is relevant Google will still rank you even if the exact keyword that is being ranked isn’t used in the content. All thanks to the RankBrain system that’s part of the Google search algorithm.
- Have a close look at the user signals like the dwell time i.e amount of time user spends on your website. And also consider the click-through rates and bounce rates for your page. The number of shares for the webpage will give a pretty good idea of how your content would be ranked by Google.
- Another factor that this new update looks into is the user experience. The design, speed, navigation, layouts, and a number of ads and how they are presented (if any) all together make up the good or bad user experience. Have honest feedback from someone about the look and feel of your webpage and make changes if needed.
- And lastly, avoid over optimization of web pages by stuffing keywords or links or having hidden text on the page.
Overall Google wants to provide its a user with best results that actually serve the very purpose of googling it. This core google algorithm update has derived web space towards a better quality of content and enhanced user experience. Better the content and UX, more a user will spend time on the web page and that’s what google panda wants to catch.
Have a close analysis for each of the mentioned factors and create a plan and be persistent and patient. It will take time before good results and rankings start pouring in for your web page.
Co-working spaces are now becoming too much popular among small and big organizations. As we are moving towards a modern and fast economy the coworking spaces are becoming more trending as they are affordable for those who are looking for a flexible working style.
Offering your tenants/customers a flexible coworking space should be your main goal if you are thinking of opening a coworking space as shared offices are now increasing the popularity amongst youth because of flexibility.
Basically, co-working spaces are part of the future non-standardized form of employment where we have flexible timing, working environment, and endless opportunities to meet new people.
5 Reasons Co-working Spaces Are Now The Way Of The Future
Unlike traditional office spaces, co-working space offers massive flexibility to the employees and other people in the organization as it allows one to choose between an array of options for buying the membership. One can choose to rent a space for a month,3 months or a year depending upon the requirement without paying any penalty he/she can leave space anytime he wants by informing the owner
Most of the trending plans for coworking spaces have a membership option with internet access, daily access and so on.
Renting an office space for a whole year can be expensive for those who keep on for business purpose. But if you using a coworking space then you can easily travel without spending too much money and will also get the facilities for smooth of your business. The main reason for especially startups and small business are moving towards co-working spaces is to do cost cutting.
Earlier to grow business you have to do by giving a business card at a roundtable corporate events but now the new trend of marketing is focussed on growing real relationships. Coworking spaces provide most affordable networking opportunities by spending monthly and meeting new people every day.
Most coworking spaces provide monthly meetups event so that it helps everyone to meet and grow more business by people working around them.
Coworking spaces offer their members an amazing amenities at pocket-friendly prices. Few of the amenities are listed below :
- Reliable and high-speed internet
- Conference room for meetings
- Printer access
- Coffee vending machines etc
These all amenities depend upon the place to place.
Apart from giving personal and economical benefits, coworking spaces help to get the professional benefits as well. Being a member of a coworking space, it allows one to be surrounded by highly motivated, ambitious people on a daily basis. It is easier to grow more when you have such positive vibes around you
Email marketing is an act of conveying and spreading promotional/commercial messages to groups of people via emails. Email Marketing helps to interact with your target audience through dropping a mail in their inbox to promote your brand and it helps in increasing the sale.
Email marketing is one of the highly effective digital marketing strategies of sending emails to targeted customers. An Effective email marketing campaign needs to be written very carefully to attract the attention of your audience.
Most of the time while doing email marketing, emails go to spam box so you have to take care of your actions so that your emails are landed to customers inbox.
Here is the 2019 Checklist for Successful Email Marketing
- Quantify the no. email address required: You have to identify the no. of email address does your business require. This will help you to set a budget for marketing your business
- Set objectives for email marketing: Initially you have to decide the following objectives:
- Target audience
- No. of people you want to target
- Right Time to hit the inbox of the potential audience
- Quality of Content that needs to be delivered
- Encourage your customers to sign up for the newsletter: Request permission from your audience to send them promotional emails. This will help your business to send more offers or upcoming sales promotional emails.
- Ensure the ‘Subscribe’ form on your home page of the website is easy to find. Do not place subscriber form at the footer of the website as nobody will look at that. It’s better to place subscriber form on many pages of the website
- Ask only minimum of information for sign up: Just ask for email id and name at first stage of the form for sign up so that at least you get the email id and then on the next step you can ask for further information
- Explain all the benefits of subscribing to your newsletter: you should have an answer to why signup for your emails when there are other options available in the market. Tell the benefits like you will get offers, special discounts or giveaways.
- Use incentives to encourage the audience to subscribe: Your goal should be ‘Win, Free or save’. This could help your business to grow by giving offers to your customers as it attracts customers to buy your product/service.
- If you need a piece of sensitive information, explain why it’s needed: if its is possible to reduce the level of sensitivity then make sure your customers don’t feel awkward to answer like rather than asking the date of birth, give date range like 24-26yrs, 30-35yrs etc
- Include a ‘recommend a friend’ option in your email marketing. Offering a cashback or some amount in e-account this will help in increasing brand awareness.
- Do viral campaign: It is also a part of email marketing like offering online game/cashback offers or something related to entertainment, it like engaging them and letting them forward it to there friends like word of mouth marketing but in a digital way.
- Avoid third-party data: This can harm your brand reputation and also can reduce the no. of emails that are successfully delivered as it may not comply with data protection law.
- Don’t be so aggressive: while asking your audience to signup for newsletters, just don’t be too aggressive like placing popup on every page or popup just after someone landed your website rather give them some time to spend on your website and read about your company or products/services
Some of the free email marketing tools available online :
- Zoho Campaigns.
What is Plagiarism ?
Plagiarism is an act of Fraud – i.e copying/stealing someone’s work/content or borrowing someone’s original ideas/thoughts . But “copying” and “borrowing” can be a serious offense.
Plagiarism is considered as dishonesty and a breach of ethics.Plagiarism is not only a crime but it can be termed as violation of law towards copyrighting. According to copyright law its a serious ethical offense of copying someone’s ideas, content, thoughts, or expressions. Though Plagiarism is not defined in books of laws or punishable by law, but it is punishable rather by institutions (including associations, educational institutions/colleges, and commercial entities, such as publishing companies all over the world).
What about images, videos, and music?
Using someone’s images/idea of image, videos or a single piece of music in your work or creativity, without getting proper permissions is also termed under plagiarism
The following tasks are very common in now a days. Despite their usage/popularity, they still termed under plagiarism.
- Copying images from someone’s else website and publishing them in your website or papers
- Using copyrighted music or taking small piece from someone else video for making your own videos/music.
- Giving performance of someone’s copyrighted music (i.e., playing a cover).
Modern technology and the expansion of Internet have given everyone an access to lot of information.. Original and unique ideas/concepts have become rarer.Now a days everybody is reproducing other people’s ideas/concepts, and presenting them as their own. To keep a check on this, there are various tools available on internet to detect plagiarism.
Tools Available to detect plagiarism are :
If You are using wordpress website, then You can use following plugins to check plagiarism :
The Law of Plagiarism:
There is no legal law made for plagiarism. But Colleges, Schools, Universities and professionals have the authority to punish anyone who has done plagiarism.
There are many ways they can punish the plagiarists like expulsion from college/university or revoke a degree, can cancel the admission but it all depends upon the Institute how they want this act to be handled.
If your email campaign is having low open rates then it might mean that your emails are going to spam folder or are getting flagged by spam filters in customer’s inbox.
Nowadays spam filters have become spam filters has become rigorous and that have become the main reason for avoiding going to spam folder.
Reasons Why Emails Go to Spam
There are multiple factors that help in determining the cause of emails going to spam folder. Here are a few reasons:
1. You Didn’t Get Express Permission to Email
When we buy email address and send bulk emails then we are violating the CAN-SPAM ACT and that may be subject to heavy penalties. So to get express permission to email, you should make a form on your website that makes everything clear that visitors are subscribing to your mailing list.
We recommend not adding emails manually as that might violate the CAN-SPAM Act.
2. Your IP Address Was Used for Spam
If you have never sent spam emails but still your emails are flagged as spam then might be your IP Address was used by someone else for the spamming purpose.
Let’s take an example: If we send emails through MailChimp, your emails are delivered through their server, so even if other customers of MailChimp send spam then it could affect your deliverability as well.
3. You Have Low Mailbox Usage
In The spamming filtering algorithms, mailbox providers check the ratio of active and inactive email accounts. An Inactive account means an account that has not been used in a long time or is rarely used over a period of time.
To prevent this you should clean your email list within time spam to keep a check of active and inactive users
4. Your Subject Line is misleading
As the CAN-SPAM Act states that if your subject is misleading someone to view the message then it is against the law.
Here are some examples:
- Did I leave my wallet at your place? – This is a message that make it look like they know you personally.
- RE: CURRENTLY OUT OF OFFICE – This will appear like a work-related message.
- Urgent – Update your information in bank account xxxxxxxxxx9865 – This there is something related to your bank account.
5. Your “From” Information (email address) is Inaccurate
This is also stated against the CAN-SPAM Act to mislead anyone with your “from” email address and “to”, “reply-to” email address and routing the wrong information
Let’s take an example: if you send an email “from” The President, then that would be illegal
So to avoid this you should mention your name in “from” so that your subscribers remember your email just by your name
6. You Might have Used Spam Trigger Words
Some spamming filters are triggered by some words in a subject line or in the body of your email. Like:
- Cancel subscription any time
- Moner or check orders
- Click here
- Toll-free or Free
- Great Offers
- Order Now
- Your HTML Emails Don’t Follow Best Practices
You don’t have to worry if you are sending text-only emails. But to attract more customers you might have to send some fancy HTML emails also.
However, you have to follow some steps for sending HTML emails so that they go in the spam box
- Use a maximum width of HTML from 600 to 800 pixels. This will allow emails to look perfect on every screen size
- Keep your HTML code simple and clean. If you are coding yourself an HTML template then make it simple and code should be clean so that it is easy to be read by every mailing server and if you are using a template of mailing servers[like mailchimp] then its OK
- Keep your image-to-text ratio low: your campaign should have email and text both, do not send only images
- Optimize all your images for email: Compress your images to lower their resolution as high-resolution images are difficult to load because of their size.
- Never use obscure fonts. Always use normal fonts that work well on all the platforms like Arial, Verdana times new roman etc.
ISO 27001: ISO 27001 is a standard that is folloVendord for the Information Security Management System (ISMS) of an organization in which, the said company’s compliance status is checked, based on which new policies are created and applied. It’s a mandate in many sectors such as companies involved in the Cyber Security domain.ISMS includes the 3 major elements of cyber security: Confidentiality, Integrity, Availability (CIA).
To ensure compliance to the CIA in terms of ISO 27k1 the companies need to
- Assess the risks
- Formulate policies
- Implement policies
- Continuous monitoring & Updates
The departments/processes that go through the above mentioned process are both, IT & Non IT Infrastructure of a company, but the audit of ISO 27k1 is mainly focused on the IT Infrastructure of a company.
ISO 27001 Certification:
Being ISO 27001 Certified means, the certification body that you choose for this process (PECB or IRCA), gives you an attested confirmation that your organization is compliant to all the guidelines of ISO 27k1.
Now there are two types of certifications in ISO: Individual / Organization
The process for an Individual certified professional is completely different from that of a Certified Organization, these certified professionals then move on to performing the process of certifying the organization.
Types of ISO certified Professionals
- Lead Auditor
- Lead Implementer
A lead auditor is the one who is responsible for leading the audit team in an organization. He or she prepares the audit plan, delivers meetings and submits audit report at the end of quarter or year. Conducting audits is the main responsibility of a lead auditor and that needs to be done on a daily basis.
A Lead implementer is the one responsible for bringing the Lead auditor plan into action and makes sure all the policies are implemented and properly controlled.
Process of getting certified
According to PECB, the process for getting ISO 27k1 LA/LI certified is nearly not as lengthy for individuals as it is for the organizations.
- Previous experience: minimum 4 years of job experience in IT is crucial, out of which at least 2 years has to be in cyber security.
- Training & Examination: After attending 5 days of training in ISO 27k1 LA/LI, in the course outline guided by the certification body of your choice/requirement, you have to submitted a certain examination fee to the certification body, after which, an invoice in your name along with your exam question papers are prepared & sent to the authorized training center for you to attempt the exam.
- Certification process: After attempting the certification exam, the candidate fills the certification forms in which they put in the required information, In the back-end the certification body verifies the information given by the candidates and if the compliance is there, the certificate is issued.
Every business firms struggle with deciding whether to go with traditional marketing or to go with digital marketing. But the decision is important to be taken to keep the main motive in mind to earn maximum profit.
Let’s make a decision
Traditional Marketing: The best example to explain traditional marketing is newspapers and magazine ads, flyers, Tv or Radio ads etc.
Digital Marketing: Building a website, advertising on social media such as facebook, twitter, Instagram or YouTube.
Benefits of Traditional Marketing
- You can reach your target local audience: For example, a newspaper ad might be distributed in a particular area, city or region.
- The materials can be kept: The targeted audience can carry your advertisement’s hard copy and can read it anywhere they want over and over again.
- It’s easy to understand: The print media is easily understood by any age group as it has been used overages.
The Downside to Traditional Marketing
- With the use of print media, there is very little interaction between the company and the customers. It’s more like just telling them about the brand name
- It is more costly when it comes to print or radio advertisement. As printing material will be costly additional to that you have to hire a person to distribute those.
- The Results on traditional marketing strategy cannot easily be measured as you cannot judge that how many people read or listened to your advertisement.
Benefits of Digital Marketing
- Easily target the right audience: In Digital Marketing you can target the local audience but also the international audience. Even you can tailor the campaign to specific audience demographics, such as gender, age, interest, and location
- An audience has a choice that how they want to receive your content. Digital marketing has many ways to represent the content like Blog Post, you tube video etc but in traditional marketing, the audience doesn’t have a choice other than flyers or incoming call etc.
- Digital marketing is cost-efficient. Though there is the option of investing in paid ads online; however, the cost is of those ads are still cheaper as compared to traditional marketing.
- Data and results are easily recorded. With the use of Google Analytics and the various insights tools offered by most the social media channels, we can analyze our campaigns at any time.
How to use Both Digital & Traditional Marketing
Our traditional marketing methods can support our digital marketing efforts. We can invest in both at the same time like spreading the flyers or pamphlets along with mentioning the social media accounts and website details.
Digital Marketing is now evolving rapidly every day. Digital Marketing has settled well in almost all major industries, has become a major source of marketing product and services online. Digital Marketing has overcome the power of traditional marketing techniques and now its been used in almost every industry like Food, travel, healthcare, IT.
How Digital Marketing is Affecting Healthcare Industry:
- Search Engine Marketing: Those businesses who use search engine marketing along with social media marketing get more business then there competitors. Digital Marketing helps businesses to rank on the first page of Google and other search engines which leads in getting better visitors. Better google ranking means better visibility to potential customers.
- Social Media Marketing: Social media marketing is yet another main strength of digital marketing which has gained exposure. Social media marketing helps in keeping regular updates of your business to reach customers and give them new offers and services.
- Email Marketing: By Email Marketing, we mean dropping an email to the people by providing them with some offer or making awareness about some disease or by providing hospital details.
How Digital Marketing used in the Healthcare Industry:
In the future of the healthcare industry, there are many recent additions with a mix of products and services to help doctor, physician or pharma company.
Local SEO –– local SEO has replaced our Yellow Pages. This search-based methodology of finding local businesses is especially important for doctors and physicians to locate the clinic/hospital. People can easily find the location/contact details and address of clinic and hospital easily through search engines.
Online Payment Acceptance: Through online payment, doctors can accept payment from anywhere in the world. They just to provide the account no. and within a few minutes, they can get the fees from the patients.
Online Selling of medicine: It has been so easy to sell medicines online just by seeing the prescription of the patients. Doctors can courier the medicine and take advance payment as well for the same
360-Degree Photos and Video Tours –– Just Imagine being able to experience a 360-degree tour of your office along with photos and videos to any of the patient/Guardian. Hospitals/clinics owners can generate a 360-degree view of their clinic/hospitals by using apps like Street View or Google Camera and then can share with patients.
Live Stream Videos –– Doctors and now communicate with their patients while sitting away from them by using live video stream and in fact can share their live videos on social media platforms.
Nowadays social media has become one of the most important elements of digital marketing. Social Media Marketing provides magnificent benefits that help businesses to reach millions of online customers worldwide. If You are not using social media marketing then you are missing a very important marketing opportunity as it makes it very easy to reach your customers and spread your business all over the world
Reasons you should do Social Media Marketing
Improved brand awareness among people
If you are searching for stress-free ad profitable marketing platform to spread your business worldwide then social media marketing is the best solution for your problem To get started, create your social media accounts handles for your business to apply social media strategies to increase your business/brand recognition. You can create a page on facebook, twitter, linkedIn, Instagram, g+ etc to increase your brand visibility.
Social media marketing is the most cost-effective way to advertise your brand nowadays. Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram etc offer free account opening option for everyone. But if you are thinking of going for paid marketing then start with spending less amount so that you can visualize how it is working. Just by spending little money you can increase conversion rates of your business
Engage with your customers
Social media marketing helps you to interact and engage with online customers, the more you communicate with the audience the more your brand name will be spread. To Spread your brand you should follow a two-way communication medium so that you can know your customers well. As communication is a great way of taking the attention of the audiences so that your brand can reach more customers online.
It Improves brand loyalty
When you have social media online presence, you make it very easy for your customer to find you and connect with you through different social media platforms and also it helps in gaining customer’s loyalty and retention. Social media not only promote brands but also helps in gaining loyal customers for your brand
Healthy customer satisfaction
With the help of different social media platforms, you can create a good image of your company/brand. Customers really appreciate, when they receive a reply on their comment that they have given on your post. That helps to gain the confidence of your customers and helps in retaining customers for the longer period of time
If you are looking for increasing your website traffic then you social media platforms really helps in increasing website traffic. By posting/sharing your content on social media platforms, you are giving the audience a reason to click through your website. So if you want to increase website traffic you should share that content in which everybody is interested
Enhances SEO rankings
Social media presence has become an important factor in calculating the ranking of the website. Social media marketing is equally important as compared to SEO. so, if you are just posting blogs on the website and not sharing on social media platform then you might be failing in getting traffic on the website.