What is Denial-of-Service Attacks?
Denial of service attack is a cyber attack in which hackers attack the server/website/computer system/network which prevents the users from accessing the data available
Denial-of-service-attacks usually flood servers/networks with lots of traffic in order to affect user and makes it difficult for them to access. Moreover, an attack that crashes the server/network can be dealt with rebooting the system/network. But Flooding attacks are difficult to recover
The following can be indicated as DOS attacks as well :
- Degradation in the performance of networks, especially when you try to open some files on website/network
- Unable to reach a particular website/network
- Spam emails increase unexpectedly
Experts from cybersecurity world recommend no. of strategies for companies to defend the Denial-of-service Attack. One should always take measures to protect the system/network well in advance, to avoid any loss of data or leakage of information
How do a DOS Attacks work?
The main focus of DOS attacks is to overdose the capacity of targeted machine/server, resulting in Denial-of-service to an extent.
DOS Attacks typically falls into 2 Categories :
Butterfly overflow Attacks: In this type of attacks the memory buffer overflow an lead to machine consuming all the available hard disk space, memory or CPU Usage. This form of attacks usually results in a system crash, unusual server behaviors or slow-moving server which results in denial-of-service.
Flood Attacks: Attackers can over saturate the servers, by passing a large number of packets which results in oversaturation of the server capacity. In order to flood the server, the attackers should have more available bandwidth than their target bandwidth
Types of DoS attacks
A Distributed DOS attack is a huge attack where the attacker uses more than one IP address, This leads to flooding of incoming traffic into servers and it becomes impossible to stop the attack. It also makes it very difficult to judge the authorized user traffic from the attack traffic
Application layer attack
An application layer Distributed Denial-of-service attack also known as Layer 7 DDoS Attack. In this, the attackers attack the application layers of the processes. The attackers attack the specific function or feature of the system with an intention to disable the working of those features/functions.
Advanced Persistent DoS
Advanced Persistent Denial-of-Services, is done by attackers who are well trained and well resourced and access to all computer guides and resources. This attack, attackers represents a threat that needs specialized monitoring and incident response services.
Denial-of-service as a service
Some of the service providers provide “booter” or “stresser” services, which are having web-based front-ends, and can accept payments online. Sold as stress-testing tools, they can be used as unauthorized denial-of-service attacks and allows hackers to access sensitive tools/information without the need for technical knowledge.
- Aquatech Tanks – Plastic Loft Water Tank Manufacturers and Suppliers in India
- Kindergarten Play School – CBSE School in Coimbatore
- Best Gynecologist in Delhi
- Lavik Shanthi
- Website Designing Company in Coimbatore
- UDC Interiors
- Mycure Hospitals
- Waco Family Dentistry
- Key to healthy living
- Change happens through Excellence and Endurance of Leadership 6,500 km on Cycle: Mumbai to Ho Chi Minh City January 12, 2020
- WHY CYBER SECURITY TRAINING AND AWARENESS SHOULD BE NECESSARY FOR TOP MANAGEMENT? January 12, 2020
- INFORMATION SECURITY-KNOW WHAT COMPLIANCE YOUR ORGANIZATION NEED December 30, 2019
- HOW CEH Certification can add VALUE to your RESUME December 2, 2019
- HOW SOCIAL ENGINEERING IS USED IN PERSONAL INFORMATION STEALING? December 1, 2019
- CYBER SECURITY WORKSHOPS: AN EFFECTIVE WAY TO UNDERSTAND CYBER RISKS FOR BEGINNERS AND PROFESSIONALS November 17, 2019
- CYBER SECURITY CERTIFICATIONS FOR BEGINNERS November 3, 2019
- WHAT SHOULD I DO TO MAKE MY CAREER INTO INFORMATION SECURITY? October 14, 2019
- IS CYBER SECURITY A GOOD CAREER OPTION? October 6, 2019
- WHY BUSINESS CONTINUITY MANAGEMENT IS SO IMPORTANT FOR IT SERVICE PROVIDERS September 29, 2019
- CYBER SECURITY MUST KNOWS FOR CLOUD SERVICE PROVIDERS September 23, 2019
- DIGITAL MARKETERS SHOULD KNOW ABOUT CYBER SECURITY September 13, 2019
- Cyber Security Challenges Faced by Fintech Start-ups September 3, 2019
- HIPAA COMPLIANCE A NECESSITY FOR HEALTH CARE SECTOR August 27, 2019
- 7 Things I Learned Growing A YouTube Channel From 20k Views To 4 Million Views In 6 Months August 26, 2019
- COMMON CYBER SECURITY THREATS August 20, 2019
- CYBER CRISIS MANAGEMENT (So what exactly Cyber Crisis is?) August 10, 2019
- INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY (IT) RISK MANAGEMENT July 27, 2019
- 10 Tips For Cheap Travel Around The World July 9, 2019
- Is it Possible to Grow a Large Startup Team in a Coworking Space ? April 16, 2019
- Clinical Diagnosis, The contemporary, hands-on and real-time analysis April 11, 2019
- Do you wish to multiply your income? March 22, 2019
- Factors to Consider When Choosing a Right Coworking Space March 20, 2019
- How Digital Marketing can help to market co-working space February 25, 2019
- All you need to know about the August Google Panda Update February 5, 2019
- BOOK ON COMPLETE Text OF AMENDED SECTIONS AMENDED BY THE CENTRAL AND INTEGRATED GOODS AND SERVICES TAX (AMENDMENT) ACT, 2018 January 30, 2019
- The Future of Co-working: More than just WiFi and Desk January 29, 2019