WordPress is the most popular CMS nowadays because of this, WordPress websites are getting hacked more than other websites. But one should have a habit of taking backups and keep an eye on your website on a daily basis so that you can track, that when your website got hacked and then you can restore your backups.
Apart from taking backups your website, you should do steps to secure it initially only as hackers always find one or the other way of getting into your file structure.
It’s important to secure your website initially to avoid any future attacks. But now when your website has been hacked or you are unable to view your website, you can follow these steps
Step 1 – Locate The Error
You can locate error by following means :
- Unable to log into your WordPress Admin Panel (yourwebsite.com/wp-admin)
- Your website is redirecting to different URL
- Google has marked your website insecure [RED SCREEN]
Step 2- Contact your hosting service provider
Many of the hosting service providers provide support for your hacked website but if you have bought cheap hosting services then they do not provide any support for this kind of errors.
Hosting service providers will perform a security check on your website and will notify you if your website has been hacked or not.
But before making any changes to the website, Contact them !!
Step 3: Restore your backup
If you have a habit of taking backup of your website, then you can restore it to the previous version.
After you have restored your old backup, remember this that it is already vulnerable to attacks. At that time perform the security points to your website to avoid malicious attacks again.
Step 4: Change your login credentials
Now that you have restored your backup, changes your login credentials immediately so that your website doesn’t get hacked again.
Step 5 : Install security plugins
There are many security plugins available online, but best is Sucuri Security wordpress plugin to secure your website from further attacks
- Change happens through Excellence and Endurance of Leadership 6,500 km on Cycle: Mumbai to Ho Chi Minh City January 12, 2020
- WHY CYBER SECURITY TRAINING AND AWARENESS SHOULD BE NECESSARY FOR TOP MANAGEMENT? January 12, 2020
- INFORMATION SECURITY-KNOW WHAT COMPLIANCE YOUR ORGANIZATION NEED December 30, 2019
- HOW CEH Certification can add VALUE to your RESUME December 2, 2019
- HOW SOCIAL ENGINEERING IS USED IN PERSONAL INFORMATION STEALING? December 1, 2019
- CYBER SECURITY WORKSHOPS: AN EFFECTIVE WAY TO UNDERSTAND CYBER RISKS FOR BEGINNERS AND PROFESSIONALS November 17, 2019
- CYBER SECURITY CERTIFICATIONS FOR BEGINNERS November 3, 2019
- WHAT SHOULD I DO TO MAKE MY CAREER INTO INFORMATION SECURITY? October 14, 2019
- IS CYBER SECURITY A GOOD CAREER OPTION? October 6, 2019
- WHY BUSINESS CONTINUITY MANAGEMENT IS SO IMPORTANT FOR IT SERVICE PROVIDERS September 29, 2019
- CYBER SECURITY MUST KNOWS FOR CLOUD SERVICE PROVIDERS September 23, 2019
- DIGITAL MARKETERS SHOULD KNOW ABOUT CYBER SECURITY September 13, 2019
- Cyber Security Challenges Faced by Fintech Start-ups September 3, 2019
- HIPAA COMPLIANCE A NECESSITY FOR HEALTH CARE SECTOR August 27, 2019
- 7 Things I Learned Growing A YouTube Channel From 20k Views To 4 Million Views In 6 Months August 26, 2019
- COMMON CYBER SECURITY THREATS August 20, 2019
- CYBER CRISIS MANAGEMENT (So what exactly Cyber Crisis is?) August 10, 2019
- INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY (IT) RISK MANAGEMENT July 27, 2019
- 10 Tips For Cheap Travel Around The World July 9, 2019
- Is it Possible to Grow a Large Startup Team in a Coworking Space ? April 16, 2019
- Clinical Diagnosis, The contemporary, hands-on and real-time analysis April 11, 2019
- Do you wish to multiply your income? March 22, 2019
- Factors to Consider When Choosing a Right Coworking Space March 20, 2019
- How Digital Marketing can help to market co-working space February 25, 2019
- All you need to know about the August Google Panda Update February 5, 2019
- BOOK ON COMPLETE Text OF AMENDED SECTIONS AMENDED BY THE CENTRAL AND INTEGRATED GOODS AND SERVICES TAX (AMENDMENT) ACT, 2018 January 30, 2019
- The Future of Co-working: More than just WiFi and Desk January 29, 2019