Every business firms struggle with deciding whether to go with traditional marketing or to go with digital marketing. But the decision is important to be taken to keep the main motive in mind to earn maximum profit.
Let’s make a decision
Traditional Marketing: The best example to explain traditional marketing is newspapers and magazine ads, flyers, Tv or Radio ads etc.
Digital Marketing: Building a website, advertising on social media such as facebook, twitter, Instagram or YouTube.
Benefits of Traditional Marketing
- You can reach your target local audience: For example, a newspaper ad might be distributed in a particular area, city or region.
- The materials can be kept: The targeted audience can carry your advertisement’s hard copy and can read it anywhere they want over and over again.
- It’s easy to understand: The print media is easily understood by any age group as it has been used overages.
The Downside to Traditional Marketing
- With the use of print media, there is very little interaction between the company and the customers. It’s more like just telling them about the brand name
- It is more costly when it comes to print or radio advertisement. As printing material will be costly additional to that you have to hire a person to distribute those.
- The Results on traditional marketing strategy cannot easily be measured as you cannot judge that how many people read or listened to your advertisement.
Benefits of Digital Marketing
- Easily target the right audience: In Digital Marketing you can target the local audience but also the international audience. Even you can tailor the campaign to specific audience demographics, such as gender, age, interest, and location
- An audience has a choice that how they want to receive your content. Digital marketing has many ways to represent the content like Blog Post, you tube video etc but in traditional marketing, the audience doesn’t have a choice other than flyers or incoming call etc.
- Digital marketing is cost-efficient. Though there is the option of investing in paid ads online; however, the cost is of those ads are still cheaper as compared to traditional marketing.
- Data and results are easily recorded. With the use of Google Analytics and the various insights tools offered by most the social media channels, we can analyze our campaigns at any time.
How to use Both Digital & Traditional Marketing
Our traditional marketing methods can support our digital marketing efforts. We can invest in both at the same time like spreading the flyers or pamphlets along with mentioning the social media accounts and website details.